The Texas Science and Engineering Fair is run almost entirely by volunteers.
Volunteers are needed for:
General Volunteer duties such as:
- Loading and unloading supplies to and from UTSA & the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
- Setting up the exhibit floor and registration.
- Assist with participant Check In.
- Directing traffic at the parking garage, the check in area, on the exhibit floor and various check points, helping students find their space assignments and answering questions they may have.
- Directing parents and teachers to workshops.
- Assist with Judges Check In, Scorecards, and tabulation of scores.
- Assist in preparation of awards.
- Assist in the Awards Ceremonies.
- Clearing exhibit floor, pack up and transport supplies back to UTSA for storage.
- Performing various duties where help is most needed.
Display and Safety Team Volunteers
- Verify all required paperwork is displayed.
- • Inspect projects for safety hazards and forbidden items.
Requires comfortable shoes and walking through large exhibit area.
Science Review Committee Volunteers
- Reviewing projects and abstracts to ensure their eligibility and safety prior to the fair and on-site.
Must be have specialized knowledge in science and/or engineering and be able to meet
several evenings and weekends in the spring semester.
Please arrive on time and check in at your post to receive a summary. Volunteer shifts are four-
hour blocks of time. If you are unable to work the exact hours, click the block that most fits your
schedule and email us at TexasScienceFair@utsa.edu. We will be happy to make the appropriate