The Texas Science and Engineering Fair is run almost entirely by volunteers.
Fair T-Shirts, parking, and meals (for most shifts) will be provided.
Volunteers are needed for:
General Volunteer duties: (needed in preparation of the fair and onsite during the fair).
- Loading and unloading supplies to and from UTSA & the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
- Setting up the exhibit floor and registration.
- Assist with participant Check In.
- Assist with Judges Check In.
- Assist in preparation of awards.
- Assist in the Awards Ceremonies.
- Breaking-down exhibit floor, pack up and transport supplies back to UTSA for storage.
- Performing various duties as needed.
Display and Safety Team Volunteers - NEEDED on site
- Verify all required paperwork is being displayed.
- Inspect projects for safety hazards and forbidden items
- Check list of inspection will be provided.
- Brief training required onsite.
Requires comfortable shoes and walking through large exhibit area.
Basic duty is to inspect each project display to meet all safety and display guidelines.
Science Review Committee Volunteers (SRC Volunteers needed 6 weeks before the fair).
- Reviewing projects and abstracts to ensure their eligibility and safety prior to the fair and on-site.
Must be have specialized knowledge in science and/or engineering and be able to meet
several evenings and weekends in the spring semester.
Review process will be online. NEW SRC Volunteers that meet the qualifications will need training before online access.
Please email TexasScienceFair@utsa.edu for more information regarding volunteering for Pre-Science Fair On-Campus Preparation.
Friday, March 31, 2017 @ Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Hall 3
- 6:00 am - 10:00 pm = Unload truck and fair set-up
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm = Registration & Display and Safety
Saturday, April 2, 2017 @ Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Hall D (X3)
- 8:00 am 12:00 pm = Judge Breakfast, Registration and Judging
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm = Judge Luncheon and more Judging
- 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm = Final Judging, Preparation of Awards, Awards Ceremony
- 8:00 pm - 12:00 pm = Awards Ceremony and Fair Breakdown
Sunday, April 3, 2017
- TBA On-Campus Help to Unload Truck at UTSA
Please arrive on time and check in at your post to receive a summary. Volunteer shifts are 3-4
hour blocks of time. If you are unable to work the exact hours, email us at TexasScienceFair@utsa.edu. We will be happy to make the appropriate