Please use the menu on the right to access more resources
How can I compete at EMTSEF?
- To compete at the state science and engineering fair of Texas known as the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair (EMTSEF), each student(s) project MUST compete, win and be invited by one of the Texas Regional Science & Engineering Fairs (see regional fair information below).
- Each region selects a maximum of the top 51 projects in each the Junior (middle school) and Senior (high school) Division categories to compete at EMTSEF.
Austin, TX Austin Energy Regional Science Festival
- the counties of Bastrop, Brazos, Burleson, Fayette, Lee, Travis, Washington, and Williamson; and Prairie Lea School in Caldwell County, St. Stevens School in Hays County, and Dripping Springs ISD in Hays County
Brownsville, TX Rio Grande Valley Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- the counties of Cameron, Willacy, Hidalgo, Starr, Jim Hogg, Webb, Zapata, Duval, Kleberg, Jim Wells, Nueces, San Patricio, Aransas, Refugio, Bee, Brooks, and Kenedy
Dallas, TX Beal Bank Dallas Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- the counties of Grayson, Fannin, Collin, Rockwall, Dallas, Kaufman, Ellis, and Hunt (TEA Region 10)
El Paso, TX Sun Country Science Fair
- the counties of El Paso and Hudspeth
Fort Worth, TX Fort Worth Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- the counties of Wise, Palo Pinto, Parker, Tarrant, Hood, Johnson, Somervell, Cooke, Denton, Erath and Eastland
Houston, TX Science Engineering Fair of Houston
- the counties of Trinity, Polk, Tyler, Jasper, Newton, San Jacinto, Hardin, Orange, Jefferson, Walker, Waller, Austin, Montgomery, Harris, Fort Bend, Brazoria, Galveston, Chambers, Wharton, Matagorda, Jackson, Calhoun, and Grimes (with the exception of Navasota ISD)
Kilgore, TX East Texas Regional Science Fair
- the counties of Lamar, Red River, Bowie, Delta, Hopkins, Franklin, Titus, Morris, Cass, Rains, Wood, Camp, Houston, Leon, Madison, Upshur, Marion, Harrison, Van Zandt, Smith, Henderson, Gregg, Rusk, Panola, Anderson, Cherokee, Nacogdoches, Shelby, San Augustine, Sabine, and Angelina
Lubbock, TX South Plains Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- the counties of Bailey, Lamb, Hale, Floyd, Motley, Cottle, Cochran, Hockley, Lubbock, Crosby, Dickens, King, Yoakum, Terry, Lynn, Garza, Kent, Dawson, Dallam, Sherman, Hansford, Ochltree, Lipscomb, Hemphill, Roberts, Hutchinson, Moore, Hartley, Oldham, Potter, Carson, Gray, Wheeler, Collingsworth, Donley, Armstrong, Randall, Deaf Smith, Parmer, Hall, Childress, Castro, Swisher and Briscoe Counties
Odessa, TX Permian Basin Regional Science Fair
- the counties of Andrews, Martin, Howard, Mitchell, Winkler, Ector, Midland, Glasscock, Crane, Upton, Ward, Reagan, Reeves, Pecos, Brewster, Loving, Culberson, Terrell, Gaines, Jeff Davis, Presidio, and Borden
San Antonio, TX Alamo Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- the counties of Val Verde, Edwards, Gillespie, Llano, Kerr, Burnet, Kendall, Blanco, Hays, Real, Bandera, Comal, Caldwell, Guadalupe, Gonzales, Bexar, Medina, Uvalde, Kinney, Wilson, Live Oak, Atascosa, Frio, McMullen, La Salle, Zavala, Dimmit, Maverick, Karnes, Dewitt, Goliad, and Victoria
Waco, TX Central Texas Science and Engineering Fair
- The counties of Bosque, McLennan, Navarro, Limestone, Falls, Bell, Coryell, Lampasas, Hamilton, Milam, Hill, Freestone, and Robertson
For more information on the Texas Regional Science & Engeineering Fairs, click HERE.
- General Information
- Judge’s Guide
- How can I compete at EMTSEF?
- Most Common Reasons for Projects to Fail to Qualify (FTQ)
- Judge Qualifications
- Hotel Information
- Project Forms
- Benefits for Special Award Organizations
- Judging Tips for Special Award Organization Judges
- Special Award Judges
- About Us
- Display and Safety
- Science Review Committee
- Regional Deadlines